People who work hard during the daytime are known to have better night sleep than people who remain mostly mazy throughout the day. Some people naturally stay awake late at night due to their biological issues and some are born insomniacs but even these issues can be resolved if taken care of. A human body is a temple where we stay in. we need to worship this body given to us by the almighty.
The human nature is so flexible and vulnerable that it can adjust or get accustomed to any situation with time and practice and same is the case with the human body. Sleep is nothing but a way to provide rest and relaxation to the body and brain. Sleep is psychological.
We don’t know what exactly sleep is, but we do know its importance when we don’t get to sleep due to various reasons. We have learnt about the good effects of proper sleep and bad effects of improper sleep with experience and the result is that sleep is important.
It is important for babies and newborns because it helps them grow both physically and mentally. It is important for the old people as they need to rest because of ageing and it is very important for youngsters and adults because it makes them ready for the upcoming day.
People who cannot get a sound sleep because of some disease, mania, neurological disorder or other medical issues can do nothing but consult the concerned doctors to help you out to overcome the disease through various process.
This can include in medication, meditation, counselling etc. some people are addicted to caffeine, drugs, alcohol and hence have no proper sleeping time. Such people must revive themselves by acquiring the right help from counsellors and rehabs to live a better life.
Children and teenagers these days are found staying awake late-night chatting and surfing or playing games online. This is one bad habit that is affecting the brain in various ways. First, it is not making them get the proper sleep as the sleeping time is reduced and disturbed. Second, it is affecting their brain power and at the same time causing poor eyesight.
Surfing is important and so are your friends, but health must be the priority for every person. For people who do not have any disease and are not able to get proper sleep and are unaware of the reason behind it can follow some basic rules and make some changes in their daily routine and see if it works out for them.
There are some basic things that a person can do to ensure proper sleep and stay active during the daytime-
- Ensure activities- calculate the number and type of activities you do in a day. The day must be active enough to make your body need sleep in the night. If you are a working individual and most of your work involves you to sit on the chair then you must look forward towards some physical activities like playing a sport, working out in the morning. Jogging or a morning or evening walk. The limit of any activity must depend upon your age and how much you can take it. You might have noticed that babies and kids have sound sleep. This is because of the activities they do all day long.
- Choose the right mattress– the bed plays an important role by hugging you to sleep. It must be soothing and must provide comfort and sturdy edge support. Some mattress provides contouring while some provides the better support.
But hybrid mattress is the combination of both that would help you to experience better contouring, comfort and sturdy edge support because of its design is a hybrid between the spring technology and memory or latex foam.
- Reduce caffeine during the evening time and night to ensure proper sleep.
- Keep the distractions out of sight. Keep laptops, books, phones out of reach and snooze the gadgets so that the pings and other notification do not harm your sleep.
- Dim lights play a very important role in getting your mind to sleep. When the light are dim the brain automatically starts preparing for a sleep.
- Meditate for a while in bed. This helps in relaxing up the muscles and bones and one can get a sound sleep. Let all you project, bills, worries and stress wait for the morning. Fix up time for sleeping and waking up and do not compromise with it. The body has this tendency to get used to timings and hence setting up a routine would be very helpful.
Make these simple changes in lifestyle and see if it makes a difference in the way you sleep now and the way you slept before.