1. Rich in many nutrients
Spirulina has a high concentration of protein, mineral and vitamins such as A, B1, B2, B6, K which is essential for your body. It is a reason why it is known as “the most nutrient-dense food on the planet”.
- Protein: Spirulina contains a higher concentration of protein compare to other foods. In fact, it has about 60%-70% protein in spirulina‘s dry weight and also contains all of the necessary amino acids. As you know, protein is extremely important for human health and amino acids also play a powerful role in body metabolism, regeneration process of tissue and so on. If you understand the importance of protein and amino acids, then spirulina will become your superior food choice.
- Vitamin: Vitamin is essential in our world today as it has been associated with longer life span. Spirulina is considered as a great source of vitamin B1 which is an extreme necessity in protein, fats digestion, eyes health and so on. In addition, it is a great source of vitamin B (B1, B2, B3, and B5) and vitamin K.
- Iron: Iron is important for women during pregnancy and people after surgery. Moreover, it is also the first choice for vegetarians, for it is one of the powerful sources of iron.
- Mineral: Spirulina has incredibly high in some minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, magnesium. It is even has more than 26 times the calcium in milk.
2. Powerful antioxidants
Oxidative properties are dangerous for your cells and DNA which can cause chronic inflammation, cancer, and other diseases. Spirulina contains a rich source of an antioxidant substance called phycocyanin which can prevent oxidative damage. For an incredible food as spirulina, you should add it to your diet every day.
3. Manages cholesterol
Cholesterol can cause many diseases today, and it can be regulated in many ways such as healthy dieting and regular exercise. If you can balance the level of “good” and “bad” cholesterol in your body, you can reduce the risk to suffer from some heart diseases. Many studies have shown that spirulina has proven to be beneficial in controlling cholesterol level that it can lower triglycerides and LCL cholesterol and increase HDL cholesterol.
4. Improve immune system
Spirulina contains extraordinary sources of nutrients such as polysaccharides which can help to boost immune system function. In addition, an antioxidant as we mention above is phycocyanin, also raises a number of white blood cells that protects the body from infection by producing antibodies. Do not hesitate to choose spirulina as your favorite food as it might help you deal with health problems such as the flu or the common cold.
5. Weight loss
Diet plays an important role in keeping fit and losing your weight. When you feel hunger, you know that your body is secreting a hunger hormone called gherlin. A raw material in spirulina can help produce the satiety hormone called leptin which can satisfy your hunger. Plus, the high amount of fiber in spirulina is also a good point for a balanced appetite.
6. Muscle strength and endurance benefits
The damage in exercise-induced oxidative may cause muscle fatigue. To protect the body against this damage, you should add in your diet a rich antioxidant properties food such as spirulina. In addition, spirulina has been reported to be beneficial to muscle strength and endurance; therefore, it can promote the athletic capabilities.