Best t-shirt Heat Press Machine Reviews
Thanks to the advancement of technology, rendering a beautiful graphic on a t-shirt doesn’t involve hours upon hours of arduous work. In fact, in a matter of minutes, your graphic will have been transferred from the computer screen to the t-shirt. Heat press machines make all this possible.
But not all of these machines are created equal. Some are better than others. To spare you the agony of sifting through the lot, we’ve created a list of the five top t-shirt heat press machines below.
Then, to help you with making the right choice, our buying guide will act as your road map towards the t-shirt heat press machine for you. All right, let’s get right to it.
ePhotoInc SWING AWAY 9×12 T-SHIRT HEAT PRESS MACHINE
When you’re in the market for a heat press machine that means business just like what you do, then a good place to start is at the doors of 9X12 Press company. Their heat press machine, the Swing Away 9X12 is a well thought-out, well-designed machine that stands out from the crowd.
Bearing dimensions of 16 inches by 13 inches by 14 inches, this heat press doesn’t jostle for space. It’s lighter than other heat press machines in its class.
Laying on the work surface, this machine doesn’t hide its flair. The handle sticks up, rising from the back of the heating board. Right next to this, conveniently located, is the pressure adjustment knob flanked by the display unit.
What sets this heat press apart from its counterparts from other manufacturers is its design. Unlike most other heat presses where the heating board opens up in a clamshell design, this one swings right off. Why is this a good thing, you may ask? Well, the pressure is constantly directed downwards, therefore, maintaining a consistent quality finish.
And when you’re thinking about what you’ll use this on, don’t just limit yourself to T-shirt. This versatile heat press can transfer onto metals, wood, ceramics and glass as long as the transfer surface is flat. And using it is totally easy. The whole unit is sent to you fully assembled so there’s no need for any technical skills. All you do is plug it in, power it up and start making money from it.
The Swing Away’s heating element is coated with a material known as Teflon. The benefit of this is that it prevents burning of the transfers, allowing you to use the unit without the need of placing a silicone sheet on top of the transfer surface.
- This heat press measures 16 inches by 13 inches by 14 inches, meaning that it doesn’t take up much space on the work surface.
- It’s easy to use as there aren’t any complicated buttons.
- Also, the unit arrives fully assembled.
- The heating board of this heat press swings away. Unlike the clamshell designs, this one directs an even amount of pressure downwards towards the transfer surface.
- The heating element is coated with Teflon which prevents burning of the transfer.
- Its small size limits the size of transfer surfaces that can be worked on.
ePHOTO NEW 15″ x 15″ T-SHIRT HEAT PRESS MACHINE
Perhaps you’re on a budget but still, want a heat press machine that delivers. The ePhoto is the one for you. And that’s why it makes it to this best t-shirt heat press machine review. It’s a very simple machine, and nothing stamps its simplicity more than its control interface. The temperature and time clocks are placed at very convenient positions.
The digital LCD displays are easy to read. The pressure adjustment knob at the rear is even easier to operate. With the handle rising from the heating board, this press doesn’t know the meaning of the word complicated. But don’t confuse its simplicity with a lack of functionality. When put to the task, it performs as well as its more expensive counterparts.
The clamshell design, though with its faults, is excellent at saving space. Raising the heating board up, however, needs plenty of care to prevent accidental injury. With a temperature range of up to 500 degrees F, you can use this heat press on t-shirts, mouse pads, license plates, wood, metal, ceramics or even glass.
And because of its Teflon coated heat platen, you’ll be able to use it without worrying about burning of the transfer. Also, with an easy to adjust pressure, materials of varied thicknesses can also be used with the ePhoto.
- The ePhoto is a budget heat press machine, great for first-time users.
- It has an easy to use digital timer and temperature control.
- With the clamshell design, a lot of space is saved when using.
- The machine has a temperature range of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It’s a versatile machine which can be used to transfer designs onto t-shirts, mouse pads, license plates, wood, metal, ceramic and glass.
- The heat platen is Teflon coated and prevents burning of transfer surfaces.
- Having a full range pressure adjustment knob allows one to use materials of varied thicknesses.
- This heat press machine is quite heavy.
ZENY PRO DIGITAL 15″ x 15″ SUBLIMATION
If you’re looking for the top t-shirt heat press machine then perhaps you should give this Zeny machine a try. And being a budget heat press means that you can use it even if you’re a beginner. Everything about this machine is simple.
The handle is securely attached to the heating board. In your hands, you feel the heft of it. It reassures you of the quality build done by Zeny. The display interface consists of a clear LCD for both the temperature and the timer. Zeny has ensured that operating the machine is as painless as possible.
With a thickened heating plate, the heat is evenly distributed throughout the heating board and is maintained at a stable temperature throughout your project. This heat plate is also coated with Teflon. What this does is it creates a non-stick surface and prevents scorching of the material.
Having a clamshell design allows the user to open and shut the heat press machine without the need for a lot of space. And because of the convenient configuration of the handle, the whole process is made effortless.
- The Zeny Pro is an affordable heat press machine that’s great for first-time users.
- With a fully digital temperature and time control, the operation of the machine is made extremely easy.
- The heating plate is made of aluminum which ensures a uniform distribution of heat.
- The Zeny’s heating plate is also thickened to reinforce this even heat distribution.
- Having a clamshell design enables the use of the heating press machine without the need for much space.
- Teflon coating found on the heat plate prevents scorching of the transfer material.
- The clamshell design exposes the user to the risk of getting burnt.
VEVOR Heat Presses 15 X 15 Inch 5 in 1 Digital Multifunctional
Making its way into our best t-shirt heat press machine list is the Vevor Heat press. And Vevor mean business. The machine bears the characteristic heat press demeanor. It looks enthusiastic about its work. It emits a zealous nature and beckons one to put it to the task.
For sure, if you’re embarking on the branding business, you’ll love owning one of these. It’s a 5 in 1 machine. It comes with the usual platen press. But it’s also accompanied by a cap press, mug press and two plate presses of different diameters. All one needs to do is to detach the lower platform and attach the preferred one. This process is totally simple, even for those who are averse to handy work.
The display unit itself is clad in black. And the LCD showing temperature and timer is very clear. The control panel is made up of just three buttons for setting temperature and time. Operating this unit is very simple.
The handle is comfortable to hold and attaches securely to the heating board. Rising up and rotating at a full 360 degrees, the heating board always faces downwards, preventing any instances of accidental injury.
The pressure adjustment knob allows you to vary the pressure applied according to the thickness of the material. With such a feature, you’re able to use different types of materials and get the same quality result.
- The Vevor is a 5 in 1 heating press meaning you also get a cap press, mug press and two plate presses along with the platen press.
- It’s simple to detach the lower platform and attach the preferred one.
- The LCD-display is bright and clear, making it easy to operate.
- Vevor placed a comfortable handle to ease operation.
- The swing-away design rotates the heating plate at a full 360 degrees, keeping the heating element facing downwards throughout.
- Using the pressure adjustment knob, one can easily vary the pressure depending on the thickness of the material used.
- The swing away design takes a lot of space in the work area.
VEVOR Heat Presses 12 X 15 Inch 5 in 1 Digital Multifunctional
Vevor joins this perfect T-shirt heat press machine review with their 5 in 1 unit. For a jump start on your business, this is the one you need to buy. The Vevor bears a zealous look.
This is reinforced by the inclusion of a cap press, mug press, two plate presses and the usual platen press. The lower platform is detachable and easily exchanged with any of the other heating elements. So if you’re getting into the business, buying this Vevor is a good idea.
The handle, pressure adjustment knob and display unit have been strategically placed to ensure easy operation. And unlike the clam shell design of most other heat presses, this one has a swing away design that rotates in a full 360 degrees. With the heating board always facing downwards, the safety of the user and others is always assured.
Using the pressure adjustment knob, you can painlessly change the pressure applied on the transfer surface. This gives you the flexibility to use materials with varied thicknesses.
- The Vevor heat press is a multifunctional unit that comes with a cap press, mug press, two plate presses and the usual platen press.
- The lower platform is easily detachable to be exchanged with one of the other elements.
- With a swing-away design, the heating element always faces down thus increasing the safety of the user.
- This swing-away design enables the heating board to rotate in full 360 degrees.
- It’s an excellent heating press for business use as it can be used on various surfaces.
- The heat press is quite heavy.
Choosing the Best T-Shirt Heat Press Machine
It isn’t rocket science. Certainly choosing the right T-shirt Heat Press machine need not be an arduous task. However, if you make the wrong choice, you’ll end up with a machine that’s not in any way useful to you. So, to prevent such an occurrence and a great deal of heartache, we’ve put together a guide on how to choose the t-shirt heat press machine.
What’s your project?
The first thing you need to ask yourself is how much work you intend to assign your heat press. Perhaps you want one to work on a few home projects. If this is the case, then you won’t need a very expensive one.
A low cost, small heat press machine will do. Also, ask yourself what types of projects you’ll work on. If it’s just t-shirts, then that should direct you to the simpler heat presses. However, if you’ll also want to press caps, mugs or even plates then an all in one heat press is your best bet.
How much are you willing to spend?
You’re only going to ask yourself this once you know what your intended use is. The intended use will direct you to the category of heat presses you’ll be aiming for and the amount of money you have in your pocket will direct you to the brand of heat press you can afford.
There are swing-away designs and clamshell designs. The swing-away design is great because it maintains an even pressure on the material. It, however, takes up much space as you swing the heating board. The clamshell designs don’t take up space but pose a risk of burning the user.
Also part of the design is the coating on the heating plate. Most are coated with Teflon which acts as a nonstick layer and prevents scorching of the material.