Transferring images from paper to another object used to be a very tricky process back in the day. However, this isn’t too much of a feat anymore, thanks to the best sublimation printers. With this kind of equipment, you can now print high-resolution graphics, photos, and other designs on a wide range of surfaces and objects, opening many ways to personalize different items.
If you’re interested in one, there are lots of options that you can choose from. Like any other piece of technology, however, not all of them are made equally. So to help you make a good choice, here’s a quick guide to point you in the right direction.
Review of the Best Sublimation Printers
What are the sublimation printers that are worth your while? Here are 10 of our picks that might work for you as well.
1. WorkForce WF-7710 Wireless Wide-format Color Inkjet Printer
To start off this list, allow us to present to you one of the most popular options for home-use sublimation printing: the Epson WorkForce WF-7710 Wireless Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer. This product has charmed many households, artists, hobbyists, budding entrepreneurs, and many others as it’s packed with modern functionalities and is relatively cheap.
The WorkForce WF 7710 may not look anything remotely like an industrial sublimation printer, but it can get small jobs done. This makes it a pretty good choice if you want to do small projects for yourself or your friends and loved ones. It might also work for small-scale selling, but it might not be as cost-effective in such cases.
There are four general reasons why it’s a hit as a sublimation printer. For one, it’s compatible with various paper formats, allowing you to try different printing techniques without breaking a sweat. There are also lots of easy conversion kits made for it, so it offers more functionality that can really come in handy for you. Then there’s the fact that it’s relatively affordable and makes high-quality prints so that it can give you a good run for your money.
Top all of these off with the list of convenient features this printer comes with, and you have a pretty solid pick for a competent printer.
Features at a Glance
- Wide-format all-in-one printer promises to produce print-shop quality output.
- 13″ x 19″ maximum borderless print offers a wide printing surface and great versatility.
- 11″ x 17″ maximum scan size offers more functionality.
- Wi-Fi Direct and Ethernet connections provide easy access and connectivity.
- 4.3″ color touchscreen provides easy control and navigation.
- Handy extra features include copy, scan, fax, auto 2-sided print, a 35-page Auto Document Feeder, and a 250-sheet tray.
2. Canon SELPHY CP1300 Wireless Compact Photo Printer
What might be the most affordable sublimation printer in the market today is the Canon Selphy CP1300 Wireless Compact Photo Printer. As its name suggests, this is a specialized printer that is designed to print photos or ‘selfies’ in particular.
It offers a twist on instant photo printing devices, giving you a chance to print your snaps right away without having to get a special camera and film. With this device, you can print photos directly from your digital camera or smartphone without having to go through the hassle of hooking your gadgets to a computer. It can also work with computers without a fuss, making it quite a versatile printer.
Made for archival quality prints, the Selphy can also read memory cards. So if you can’t connect to this device, you can pop your SD card in. You’ll then be able to access its content with the help of its 3.2” LCD screen, letting you select and edit the photos that you want to print.
What’s more exciting is that it also has the wifi shuffle print mode, which allows combining images from up to 8 phones to create a fun collage. It will also let you create photo booth style snaps, making this device an appealing addition to any fun gathering.
Features at a Glance
- Compact size with an optional battery pack makes this a portable sublimation printer made for printing photos.
- A tilting 3.2” LCD screen allows a quick view, selection, and editing of the photos sent to this printer.
- Wireless connectivity, including AirPrint and Mopria Print Service, will let you print photos directly from your smartphone.
- Memory card support provides more ways to access the photos for direct printing.
- Choose from black, pink, and white colors to better match your aesthetics.
3. HP OfficeJet Pro Premier All-in-One Wireless Printer
If you’re in the market for a great value sublimation printer for your small business, then the HP OfficeJet Pro Premier All-in-One Wireless Printer is something you should look into. This sleek and professional-looking device is carefully engineered and crafted to meet a workplace’s needs.
How? For starters, it’s rather robust. It’s nicely built, so you can expect it to last a while. Secondly, it offers great savings as it comes with a free subscription to HP’s Instant Ink program for two years. So as long as you don’t exceed the pages-per-month restrictions of HP, you won’t need to spend on ink.
It’s also designed for efficiency. It can print 22 pages per minute, so it can definitely handle high-volume jobs with ease. It has a color touchscreen display so you can operate basic functionalities right on the printer. Its stable wireless connectivity is also compatible with a lot of different services and apps so that you can print files remotely as well.
Features at a Glance
- 22 pages per minute printing speed promise great efficiency.
- 2.65″ color touchscreen display will let you navigate and operate the printer with ease.
- Wireless printing compatibility with the HP Smart App, Apple AirPrint™, Wi-Fi® Direct Printing, Mopria™ Print Service, and other mobile apps makes this product a lot more convenient to use.
- Print, copy, scan, and fax using this one piece of tech.
- Built-in firewall for IP address control provides easy control over the network usage of this printer.
4. WorkForce WF-7210 Wireless Wide-format
The Epson WorkForce WF-7210 Wireless Wide-Format Printer is the update to the other best-selling model, the WF-7110. It’s almost identical to the older model and is also classified as a single-function model that can churn out borderless prints up to 13” by 19” in size.
What makes this product stand out is its capacity. It can handle up to 500 sheets with its two trays, so you won’t easily run out of paper even when printing a lengthy document. As a wide-format printer, it can also handle other specialty printers and even envelope printing, giving you more ways to make use of this product.
It’s wireless connectivity options are also notable. Besides Wi-Fi Direct, you can also use your smartphone’s NFC feature to send files for printing to this printer. You need to tap your NFC-enabled gadget to the hotspot located on the left of the control panel, and you’ll be able to print right away.
Since this item is an office printer and not a dedicated photo printer, its photo quality is already quite impressive. You can also expect it to work fast, guaranteeing efficiency and productivity.
Features at a Glance
- Wide-format inkjet printer promise print-shop quality output.
- 500-sheet capacity simplifies the task of printing lengthy and bulk documents.
- Rear feed for envelopes and specialty paper adds more functionality to this printer.
- Wi-Fi Direct, NFC, and ethernet connections give you different ways to connect, access, and print with this product.
- 2.2” LCD screen allows easy navigation and operation.
5. Kodak Dock & Wi-Fi Portable 4×6” Instant Photo Printer
A bit traditional and still want your photos to be printed in full-size? The Kodak Dock & Wi-Fi Portable 4×6” Instant Photo Printer would get you interested. This portable photo and sublimation printer are designed to print up to 4”x6” which is pretty much the standard measurement of a full-sized photo.
Except for its traditional sizing, however, everything else about this printer feels very modern. Its one-touch printing is definitely impressive as it makes portable photo printing a lot more instantaneous, similar to how cameras with printers work. Its docking design also feels modern, as it will automatically connect your smartphone to the printer. It also has wi-fi connectivity, so if you want to print straight from your tablet, you can still do so without the need to hook up to your computer.
Another thing that most people enjoy about this product is its charging capacity. Docking your phone through this printer will automatically charge it, so you’re hitting two birds with one stone when you use your phone for printing.
Features at a Glance
- Compact sublimation printer that is also very portable.
- Android dock pin and iOS lightning adapter allow smartphone docking for effortless one-touch printing.
- 4”x6” photo printing will let you print out full-sized photos.
- D2T2 Thermal Transfer Technology promises high-quality output that won’t fade or bleed.
- Simultaneous charging while your phone is docked so you can get more out of the printing process.
- Wireless connectivity through wi-fi gives you another convenient way to print with great ease.
6. HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 All-in-One Wireless Printer
For a compact, stylish, and multi-functional sublimation printer that can handle high-volume jobs with ease, check out the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 All-in-One Wireless Printer. This item is made for small to medium workplaces, so if you need something that can make various tasks simpler and possible in your office, this can be a good choice.
Like the other HP OfficeJet option listed above, one of the most striking things about this product is its styling. It’s very modern with its gunmetal coloring and compact cube shape. But despite this, it can still handle a lot of paper. Its two 250-sheet trays and 100-sheet output tray guarantee sturdiness and great convenience.
It also has several modern features that make it extra handy. Besides providing high-quality prints, it also scans, faxes, and copies, so you will not need to get several devices to get different jobs done. It also has wi-fi connectivity, so you won’t need to course your file through the computer if you need it printed.
Features at a Glance
- Modern style sublimation printer is designed for small to medium-sized offices.
- Prints, copies, scans, and faxes documents so you can do many different tasks with its help.
- Pages 20-24 pages per minute for colored and black prints, respectively, are pretty efficient.
- Wireless printing compatibility with HP Smart, Wi-Fi®, Direct Printing, Apple AirPrint™, and Mopria™ Printing Services guarantees great convenience.
- 2.7” touchscreen display direct control and easy navigation.
7. Brother MFC-J995DW INKvestmentTank
Aside from the unit price of a printer, its operation costs can also rack up over time. If you don’t want to be practical in this area as well, then the Brother MFC-J995DW INKvestmentTank would be a great choice for you. This product is all about printing efficiency in terms of performance and pricing, so its offerings might appeal to you.
The standout feature of this item, as its name suggests, is its INKvestment Tank Ink System. This refers to its unique ink tank design that is meant to hold more than its competitors. As a result, it can offer uninterrupted printing of high-volume jobs.
Aside from its ink-related features, however, there are many other convenient features this product offers. Like the other items listed here, you can print remotely from your handheld device with this item’s wireless capabilities. But in addition to that, you can also print files stored in a connected cloud service directly using this product. You can access the file using the small display screen on the printer, and you’re good to go.
On top of this, you can also scan directly to your device from this printer. No more need to store a scanned file on a computer first; this product can automatically let you access the file on your handheld device.
Features at a Glance
- INKvestment Tank Ink System will hold more ink, so you don’t have to keep refilling if you regularly print a lot.
- 1 year of ink in-box guarantee if you only need to print about 150 pages per month.
- Wireless printing and scanning capabilities will let you print and scan to and from the printer and your mobile device without the need for additional devices, simplifying the task further for many users.
- 2.7” color touchscreen display will let you operate the printer conveniently and even print directly from various cloud apps, letting you do more with just the printer.
- Various wired and wireless connectivity options will allow you more ways to connect to this device.
8. WorkForce WF-7210 Wireless Wide-format
Also designed for small to medium offices, the WorkForce WF-7210 Wireless Wide-Format printer is another option you should look into if you’re after a reliable sublimation printer for your business or workplace. This item also has all of the basic modern features you’ll want in a contemporary printer and a bit more to make it better suited to your needs.
So aside from the different tasks it can handle and high-quality prints, this item is also noted for its convenient use. Its wireless connectivity will help you have an easier time working with it as you can skip the hassle of using a computer to print something. With this, you’ll be able to get the print you need in a shorter amount of time.
Its power efficiency is also worth noting. If you do a lot of printing, it uses 80% less power than other color printers, making it a practical pick.
Features at a Glance
- PrecisionCore printhead technology promise high-quality output and reliable performance.
- Dash Replenishment feature will let you monitor your printer’s ink levels.
- 500-sheet capacity with dual trays promises great convenience, especially if you often handle high-volume jobs.
- The power-efficient design promises to consume 80% less energy than other color printers.
- Wireless connectivity makes it a lot easier and faster to use.
9. Epson Stylus C88+ Inkjet Printer Color
Interested in a sublimation printer for your home office or small business? The Epson Stylus C88+ Inkjet Printer Color is a popular choice for such needs, so you might find it appealing, too. This item tends to take regular home printers to the next level as it promises higher quality output.
As the C88+ comes with the DuraBrite Ultra pigment ink, you are guaranteed that your prints will be of the top-notch quality that won’t easily fade or get smudged even when wet. This will ensure that even if this item is not as heavy-duty or loaded with advanced features as the other items on this list, it can still churn out great prints.
Aside from its print quality, this item’s efficient performance is also something that you should know about. It can print up to 23 pages per minute for a regular document and 14 pages per minute for photos. So if you want something that works fast, this might be a good pick for you.
Features at a Glance
- BorderFree® photo printing capability guarantees that this sublimation printer can handle the tasks you have in mind.
- DURABrite® Ultra pigment ink guarantees high-quality output.
- 23 pages per minute printing speed for black-color files guarantee efficient performance.
- 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi printing capacity promises its capability to handle different kinds of jobs.
- It comes with an easy-to-use photo editing software that you can use to create various items.
10. Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000
Lastly, we have the Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000. This product is an entry-level, wide-format, professional-quality prints. So if you’re a photographer who wants to print high-grade photos at home or in your studio, this might be a good choice for you.
One thing to note about this item is that it looks a bit too compact for a wide-format printer, but somehow it works. Its size makes it easier to find a spot in small offices and homes.
Another compelling reason to give this item a shot is its reliable paper-handling. It can work with a wide range of types of papers, so it can really suit the needs of many folks who need to use different types of paper regularly.
Features at a Glance
- 13” wide format printing will let you print photos in a wider range of sizes.
- Individual 6-color Claria Photo HD Ink guarantees a wider color gamut.
- Capable of handling different types of paper and cardstock so you can print on any paper you want to use.
- Can print a 4″ x 6″ borderless photo in as quick as 27 seconds, so it can also promise performance efficiency.
- 2.4″ color LCD guarantees easy use, setup, and navigation.
Buying Guide & Things Need To Know About the Best Sublimation Printer Before Buying
A quick look at our list above, and you can easily tell that there are many different options available to those who are after the best sublimation printer in the market. Most of them are very different from each other, so it can be confusing to take a pick. If this is your concern right now, our tips below can help you steer yourself in the right direction.
Assess your requirements first.
Again, as our list above suggests, sublimation printers offer a wide range of features and functionalities. Some will suit your needs while others might be too much for you. This is why it’s best to assess your needs for a printer as well so you can learn what exactly it is that you need. Once you figure that out, you’ll be better equipped for your search.
Take a close look at the features.
Since there are many different things these printers can do, you should also be very particular about the functionalities of the product you’re getting. These features can affect the device’s price and performance, so you should make sure to get to know the item you like thoroughly.
Set a reasonable budget.
Sublimation printers are available in a wide range of price points, so you need a budget to help you narrow down your options. Make sure that it’s reasonable, however, so you won’t have a hard time looking for something that will match your needs and requirements.
Consider the item’s running costs.
Aside from the printer’s unit price, you should also consider its operating costs as you’ll also need to get inks and paper and pay for the electricity when using these things. Some products are more efficient than others, so take note of those.
To make sure that you’ll get exactly the item you need, read reviews. These will help you get to know the product you’re eyeing better.