The graphic design industry has grown over the years. With the invention of different machines, from printers to heat presses, beautiful graphics are rendered on different materials more and more easily.
And because of technology, one who doesn’t have much experience can produce delightful products. Consequently, more people are now opening design and print shops, serving various global market needs. One such machine that has taken the world by storm is the vinyl cutter.
The use of vinyl cutters has revolutionized design. They bring out concepts, making them come to life most spectacularly. Think about the appealing graphics on shop windows, vehicles, T-shirts, mugs; the list is endless.
The advancement of the cutters has made it possible to place these graphics on virtually any surface. And, dare I say, our world has become more colorful because of such advancements. So, you’re thinking about starting a sign-making business.
Editor’s Choice 5 Best Vinyl Cutters Reviews
If you are, then you must have already thought of getting a vinyl cutter, right? But before you do, read through this article to the very end. We’ll give you our take on the five most popular vinyl cutters and guide you on how to pick one that’s for you. All right, let’s dive right in.
1. US CUTTER 14-INCH MH CRAFT VINYL CUTTER
If you’re looking for a compact vinyl cutter, then this one’s for you. It’s a budget vinyl cutter that offers simplicity without compromising on quality and functionality. It bears a sedate look when turned off and laying on your desk.
Taking up little space, its look doesn’t scream for attention. However, all this belies its power within. A testament to its zeal is the control panel that faces upwards, found on the front side. It’s effortless to use with clearly labeled buttons.
And the LCD has a bright backlight that illuminates it, allowing the user to view the input commands with ease.
Powering the cutter nudges it to life. This is where the machine’s true potential begins to shine through. The rollers and blades vibrate with eager anticipation as the motor within hums silently. The 14-inch MH Craft has a dual-position carriage.
With this feature, you’re able to use the front position for cut-through functionality, while the rear position will allow you to get the standard vinyl functionality. Then, thanks to the fully adjustable rollers, the cutter allows you to use varied materials.
And bundled with the MH Craft is the Vinyl master cut basic edition software. With this, you’ll be able to generate beautiful vinyl lettering, signage, and pin-striping. The software is painless to install and even easier to use, allowing seamless connectivity between your PC and the cutter.
- The MH Craft cutter is light and compact, making it highly portable.
- Its control panel is straightforward to use, bearing well-labeled buttons.
- This cutter also has a brightly backlit LCD that’s clearly visible to the user.
- This is a highly affordable vinyl cutter.
- The build of the MH Craft cutter isn’t very sturdy as it’s made purely of plastic.
- The LCD isn’t huge.
2. 28-INCH VINYL CUTTER VALUE SIGN MAKING BUNDLE
If you’re looking for the best vinyl cutter, then perhaps you should check out this 28 Inch cutter from the US Cutter company. This one comes bundled with a whole host of other products to set you off on your vinyl-cutting business.
Alongside the machine is an entourage of vinyl rolls, tape rolls, magnetic blanks, a knife, and a squeegee. All these complement the cutter, which is the star of the show. And it proudly presents itself as a zealous cutter.
Raised from the ground by its sturdy stand, the 28 Inch comes clad in a strong frame. At the very top, there’s a conveniently placed control panel that screams simplicity. And juxtaposed against this is the equally easy-to-read LCD.
When it comes to functionality, this US cutter machine comes out on top. It has a multi-function carriage that can use a cutting blade when cutting out your designs n vinyl. But then, when you want to plot or draw on paper, it can use an ink pen for this purpose. And with the ability to adjust the pinch rollers, you’re also capable of using a varied range of materials for your project.
With the array of products that come with the 28 Inch cutter, you also get the Vinyl Master Cut Basic Edition software. This is easy-to-use software that seamlessly connects the cutter to your PC. You can then use it to make beautiful designs using the suite of text, curve, and object tools.
- This cutter comes bundled with various products; you get vinyl rolls, magnetic blanks, a knife, and a squeegee.
- The cutter’s stand is sturdy, with the build made to last.
- Its control panel is straightforward to use.
- The LCD is well-illuminated and highly visible.
- With the multi-function carriage, you can use a cutting blade or an ink pen.
- This 28 Inch cutter also has two adjustable pinch rollers, which allow the use of varied materials.
- The software doesn’t work with Apple Mac Computers.
3. VINYL CUTTER US CUTTER MH 34 INCH
Another contender for the best vinyl cutter title is this amazing 34-inch machine from the US Cutter company. And just like its US Cutter siblings, it bears a similar composed yet determined mien. However, the difference between this one and the others we’ve already reviewed is that it has a 34 Inch cutting range.
Certainly, if you have large-sized projects, then this is the cutter for you. The MH 34 comes with a stand. This raises the cutter to a most convenient level that allows for easy operation of the machine. And looking up at you is the control panel that’s flanked by the LCD. Just like its siblings, these are both quite easy to use, making the cutter itself painless to operate.
With this product, you get vinyl rolls, transfer tapes, magnetic blanks, a knife, and a squeegee. All these will jump-start your business while giving you total value for money. And having two adjustable pinch rollers allows you to employ more than one type of material in your design project. This versatility gives you the capacity to get creative and reproduce whatever idea you conceptualize.
For the economy, the Roland compatible blade holder is useable blades that ensure you get a total economy, maximizing your business profits.
- The MH 34 is great for large format design projects as its plotting range is 34 inches.
- It comes with a very sturdy stand to ensure the operation is easy.
- The two fully adjustable pinch rollers allow the use of varied materials.
- Bundled with the cutter are vinyl rolls, transfer tapes, magnetic blanks, a knife, and a squeegee.
- The software that comes with the cutter isn’t compatible with the Apple Mac computers.
4. USCutter 28-inch Vinyl Cutter Plotter with Stand
This time we’re looking at the mighty Titan 28-inch cutter. And it comes with an array of extras to enhance functionality. This cutter is bundled with a stand, a common feature in US Cutter machines. However, something that isn’t a common feature is the inclusion of a basket. All of these complement the vinyl cutter, which, itself, is a spectacular product.
Unlike other versions, which have plastics, this one is made for heavy-duty work. And as is characteristic of aluminum, it endows the cutter with a lightweight quality. Conveniently place is a large LCD, which is illuminated by a blue backlight. This makes it very easy to read. Together with the well-labeled, easy-to-use control panel, these two features make the use of the cutter very simple.
The carriage has four wheels. And with such a configuration, the Titan can easily cut contours with great precision. This is bolstered by the availability of the laser-guided crop mark alignment.
- The Titan has an aluminum frame and metallic parts to ensure durability.
- Because of the metallic build, the cutter is made to be for heavy use.
- It has a large LCD which is easy to read.
- The control panel is well-labeled for easy use.
- It is bundled with a stand and basket, both of which complement the vinyl cutter.
- The laser-guided crop mark alignment enhances precision.
- You can connect to a computer either via USB or serial ports.
- This machine doesn’t come with a manual. All instructions are in the online PDF, not in the box.
5. 24 INCH US CUTTER LASER POINT II VINYL CUTTER
It’s the 24-inch US cutter laser point II. Bearing a professional mien, this vinyl cutter rises from the ground, held up by its tall legs.
With tiny wheels placed right at the feet, the 24 Inch US cutter won’t be a problem moving around. At first glance, you notice something beautiful about this machine. It could be the appealing red color used for the main body. And it certainly catches the eye.
Then, facing you to the right side of the front is easy to use control panel flanked by a blue and yellow backlit LCD. The display isn’t huge but makes up for this lack of size with total clarity. Every command that’s input is clearly visible on this display.
Its frame is strong. Holding up the cutter, the stand doesn’t wobble at all. US Cutter company ensured they made this vinyl cutter with a robust material that will ensure the machine’s stability, whether it’s in use or simply in storage.
But the looks and strength aren’t all there is to this machine. It’s a performer as well. Thanks to the new design, you can now adjust the cutting force onto the surface. This grants you greater control over the outcome of your design. Not only is this possible, but you can also change the speed while working. So if you’re looking for greater precision rather than speed, that’s now possible with the 24 Inch.
You can copy the last job done in the internal RAM if you need to return to it later. And up to 99 copies can be stored. Of course, this only remains in the RAM while the cutter is on, turn it off, and the copied files are lost.
- The 24-inch US Cutter is made of a strong frame that keeps the machine stable.
- The LCD is bright and highly visible thanks to the blue and yellow backlight.
- Made using a new design, the vinyl cutter’s cutting force can now be adjusted to suit the particular project.
- The cutting speed is also adjustable to provide greater precision.
- One can copy the last job in the internal RAM. Up to 99 copies of this can be made.
- With the wheels placed at the feet of the machine, it is straightforward to move around.
- The LCD screen display is too small.
- The cutter doesn’t have internal storage that allows one to store data in the cutter permanently.
What to Look For When Buying a Vinyl Cutter?
It’s not that difficult to choose the right vinyl cutter. It’s probably going to be your first one. And if it is, I’m sure you’re spoilt for choice by the different choices available to you in the market.
However, before you make your decision, there are certain factors that you need to take into consideration. If you want a problem-free vinyl-cutting experience, due diligence is necessary. But not to worry because we’ve got a guide for you on how to make the right choice.
First things first, ask yourself what your quantity of work will be like. Do you need one for a sign-making business? If so, then you should know how many customers you’re likely to be serving. By answering this question, you’ll have narrowed down your search a great deal.
For instance, if you only need one to use for a few signs at a time, then there’s no need for a high-powered cutter. However, if you expect to perform large tasks, then a heavy-duty one will be in order.
This is the heart of a vinyl cutter. It drives the rollers, which in turn ensures the movement of the blade. The motors can either be steppers or Servo motors. Steppers are normally cheaper to maintain but work much slower.
Servos are digital and, though they are less economical, they offer greater precision. Small-scale vinyl cutting work is better done by the Stepper motors, while heavy-duty work is excellent on the servo motors.
Find out whether the pinch rollers are adjustable or not. Adjustable ones enable you to moderate the pressure that’s placed on the material. Because of this, you’re able to use a varied range of materials. Luckily, most vinyl cutters come with adjustable rollers.
How many inches of work will you need? If you need large format work done, then cutters with a large range will do. However, this might not be necessary if your projects are of a smaller format.
Whatever your need is, make sure you’ve done your homework about the right vinyl cutter for you. Spending a large sum on a heavy-duty cutter, yet your use is light, might be a waste of money. Making the right choice will finally determine how good your experience is.
So, whether you’re in search of a cutter for business or home use, our reviews and guide above will help you choose the best vinyl cutter. Happy cutting. [/su_note]