1. First of all decide a theme for your bathroom. Do you want an Egyptian or a Victorian theme? Do you want your bathroom to be a classical or modern one? Once the very basic question is decided upon then you can go looking for the things you need in the bathroom for complementing the theme.
2. The first thing you must choose for your bathroom is the color of the walls. Soothing and cool colors are preferred over sharp and bright ones.
3. Then in the list comes the type of tiles, their color, and their texture. It must be ensured that the color of tiles and the color of tiles must match and the texture should also support the color chosen for the bathroom.
4. Bathroom cabinets are most essential part of the remodeling process. The wood used in the bathroom cabinet should be such that it does not figure out in the bathroom. It should merge with the background and must match the color of the bathroom.
5. The next in line is the bathroom sink. Most people use white color bathroom sinks and do not pay a lot of attention on the design of taps and color of the sink. If the bathroom is given a classic look, then you cannot use a modern looking tap. The color of the sink should also be light and cool if that is the color given to the bathroom.
6. Bath curtains should be given the due importance and some cases it is also used as the basic foundation to decide the color of the bathroom.
7. Bathroom showers should be good ones, and you can choose from a wide range of modern and classical styles.
8. Bathtubs and Jacuzzis are now a regular part of every stylish and modern bathroom. The color must be kept in mind while buying it.
9. Toilets need to merge with the surroundings and need to be carefully selected as they also are available in different designs.
10. Last but not the least the bathroom needs to be well lit and the lights need to placed in such a way that they augment the color and the brightness of the bathroom.